Old 04-11-2012, 01:05 AM
Mortician

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City

For XBOX 360 and PS3

Warning: Trailers are not safe for work

Cinematic Trailer

Gameplay Trailer

I'll probably wait to buy it for a while to wait for a price reduction, but it looks like it's more action than survival horror/puzzle solving.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:53 PM
Post-Apocalyptic Scavenger

Picked it up but haven't played it yet. Excited to try it out, but I went back and have been playing the PS2 games I never quite finished (Outbreak and Outbreak File 2). Kinda crazy playing PS2 on a big screen, but it will make the graphics for this game that much better.

The Collection
Old 04-18-2012, 05:10 PM
The Demon of Des Moines

I love Outbreak File 1 and 2. Why haven't they made something like that for current gen systems. Real-time third-person co-op survival horror, with a plot that is broken into multiple episodes. Eight very unique characters to choose from. I obviously never had a chance to play them online, but still enjoy them immensely. So far still the best Resident Evil games, in my mind.
Old 04-20-2012, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen Garth View Post
I love Outbreak File 1 and 2. Why haven't they made something like that for current gen systems. Real-time third-person co-op survival horror, with a plot that is broken into multiple episodes. Eight very unique characters to choose from. I obviously never had a chance to play them online, but still enjoy them immensely. So far still the best Resident Evil games, in my mind.
Yeah - never upgraded for the network/online play of these games back in the day. Interesting that Capcom was doing that so long ago, but I heard it was buggy as hell from others that tried it. Much better now on the next-gen consoles, maybe they'll do a port to buy in the Playstation Store and have new network compatibility or something. Was a cool concept but think it was just a few years too early. Everyone had to wait until Left 4 Dead came out for a really fun well-rounded zombie-killin' experience!

The Collection
Old 06-05-2012, 11:59 PM
Deceased

Beat this in 4 hrs. The controls are sketchy, any story is lacking, the zombies are cool, and the fact that you're taking out them and all the humans left inhabiting the place. Glad I didn't pay for it. Anyone on the fence should wait for a $10 used copy at gamestop
Old 06-21-2013, 09:59 AM

Wanted to get the DLC Spec Ops missions, but after that whole compromise, didn't want to get a PS account with a CC tied to it. My brother gave me a suggestion to just get a gift-card and that worked out great and got the 2 mission packs.

Going back into the game playing from the other team was different (but obviously familiar as it's a lot of the same environments). Kind of like Resident Evil 2, when you play through from the other side of the fire, it's a familiar but unique experience.

2 missions I've done I've had a blast with, but running around an apocalyptic streetscape for first mission and then more of that for the 2nd mission was definitely a winner for me. Some hate towards this game, but if you're a RE fan, this departure in solo gameplay didn't work against the title like so many people said. I find it a fast-tracked version, but more true to the original games than the newer ones with the Los Plagas stuff. Haven't opened up my copy of 6 yet, but will do that after this.

***One thing to note, for those who are PC gamers and are all thumbs when it comes to playing FPS on console, I found this controller that basically splits the PS3 controller into a nunchuk type controller and basically a mouse. Makes it so much easier for any games like Killzone, this and any other FPS games. Takes a little bit to get used to, but not anywhere close to how long it was taking me to get used to the PS3 controller. Didn't play any FPS's for years on my PS3 because I kept getting so frustrated with those thumb controls after 20 years of PC gaming...

The Collection
Old 06-21-2013, 10:06 AM
Resurrected

A lot of people absolutely HATED this game, but I found it kinda fun, if not a bit difficult (even on easy). I would'a liked more zombie fightin' however, rather than goin' against the commando squads. Sure, there are a few levels with zombies, but you gotta fight the commando squads in the middle of that, and it gets annoyin'. And don't even get me started on those damn Hunters. I got killed too many damn times by those bastards. The Nemesis ended up bein' the worst boss for me, as I couldn't figure out what the Hell to do and died a buncha times on him too.

Overall though, I still found it pretty fun. Bein' a big fan of the Resident Evil series (yes, includin' part 6), it was nice goin' back through the familiar places of the series. Readin' about the DLC content, I might have to go and pick that up.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: