Old 04-05-2012, 04:58 PM
Talk Without Rhythm

Send a message via MSN to El Goro
Cinema Wasteland (Spring, 2012)

Cinema Wasteland - Strongsville, OH

Best part of last weekend's Cinema Wasteland: dropping a ton of money on Synapse blu-rays, getting the latest issue of Rue Morgue a week early, and finally picking up Destroy All Movies!!! The Complete Guide to Punks on Film.

Worst Part: Realizing I could probably take Jim Kelley in a fight now. My inner child weeps.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:47 AM
Embalmed

A friend and I were just discussing how we want to make it back out there. I went to 3 or 4 of them about 4 years ago (possibly longer) and they were always a great time. I spoke with the editor of Lunch Meat magazine and he had said it's still a great party and great convention. Hopefully make it back up there in October...depending on guests.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:49 AM
Talk Without Rhythm

It's a good time. It's small enough that it's easy to meet up with old friends and make new ones.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:10 PM
Embalmed

The last time I went was the year they kicked everyone out of smoking in bars in Ohio. All the times before that it was a party in the hotel bar...the party in the parking lot was much more fun however.

What were the prices like on Synapse films? I really missed Xploited Cinema last time...it was very disappointing they had to retire.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:52 PM
Talk Without Rhythm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flesheater View Post
The last time I went was the year they kicked everyone out of smoking in bars in Ohio. All the times before that it was a party in the hotel bar...the party in the parking lot was much more fun however.

What were the prices like on Synapse films? I really missed Xploited Cinema last time...it was very disappointing they had to retire.
$30 for Synapse. A bit pricey, but worth it.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:15 AM
Godless Commie Scum

It was a great show if sparsely attended. No idea why, but every time it seems like the crowd at Wasteland is smaller than the time before. I think half of it is there don't seem to be as many locals just showing up to party in the parking lot as there used to be.

I only met five of the guests, but all were wonderful. Barbara Bouchet marked over my Abbess of Castro poster and even took a pic of it before signing. Meeting PJ Soles and Dey Young was such a trip. They're both so sweet. Jim Kelly was great. The only bad thing was that John Saxon's health has visibly decreased since the last time I met him. Still a very nice guy though. Got him to sign an Enter the Dragon laserdisc as well as a The Bees presskit that El Capitan so generously gave me.

Overall, a great show and well-attended by Mortuary alumni including KISS Fan, deathmachine, El Capitan, protounitv4, triefy, Marquis de Sass, Torgo and I'm sure I'm forgetting somebody, but my brain doesn't work in Mortuary nicknames anymore. Anyways, good times and cannot wait for the fall!
Old 04-14-2012, 06:08 PM
Amity Island Lifeguard

I had a lot of fun as usual. It did seem like a smaller crowd this time. It might be because of HorrorHound the weekend before. I don't know.
The guests seemed to be charging more at Wasteland then ever before which was disappointing. I skipped meeting Jim Kelly because he was $30 for an autograph plus another $10 to pose for a picture. That's just way too much. It seemed like he didn't care to be there. Richard Kiel and Dey Young were my favorites to meet. Kitten Natividad was also very sweet.

The Q&As were cool. The best one was 42nd Street Pete's Grindhouse panel.

It was cool to hangout with everyone again this time. I tried not to stay out that late on Saturday night but it was 4:30 when I got back to the room. I look forward to this every six months.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:23 AM
Resurrected

Send a message via MSN to triefy Send a message via Skype™ to triefy
I had a blast as usual. Drove this time - since I had a couple of friends coming with me to cheapen the cost. The 10 hour drive was definitely worth it. I don't go balls out in buying stuff because I can usually get it cheaper but I got some VHS tapes from Ed (El Capitan) including EYEBALL and I bought an issue of Lunchmeat Magazine and a DVD of 555.

I wish I could make the October show, but it is doubtful with Fantastic Fest ending not soon before Wasteland and the fact that the lady and I will be going to California this October. Next April, I'll be there!

Lone Programmer of Late Nite Grindhouse (a midnight theatrical repertory film program located in St. Louis, MO)

Twitter | Facebook
Old 04-28-2012, 03:43 AM
Red Shirt Pictures

Glad to see some love for my favorite show, Cinema Wasteland. Only missed one show in the 12 years that it has been running.

Michael Felsher
Red Shirt Pictures
www.redshirtpictures.com
Old 04-28-2012, 02:22 PM
Resurrected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Monster View Post
The Bees presskit that El Capitan so generously gave me.
It wasn't generosity, it was housekeeping.

Just like when I so "generously" gave it to his gf after she asked me if I had any John Saxon memorabilia. And when I bought a NIGHT OF THE SEAGULLS poster ages ago, and the dealer "generously" gave that same PB to me.

I'm just glad someone was finally able to appreciate it! :P
Old 04-30-2012, 04:29 PM
Godless Commie Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonsense View Post
It wasn't generosity, it was housekeeping.

Just like when I so "generously" gave it to his gf after she asked me if I had any John Saxon memorabilia. And when I bought a NIGHT OF THE SEAGULLS poster ages ago, and the dealer "generously" gave that same PB to me.

I'm just glad someone was finally able to appreciate it! :P
Hope I haven't gotten Ed in trouble! Trust me when I say, that book has found a home with someone who really appreciates it. It'll be among the first items framed once I'm able to do so.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:33 PM
Resurrected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Monster View Post
Hope I haven't gotten Ed in trouble! Trust me when I say, that book has found a home with someone who really appreciates it. It'll be among the first items framed once I'm able to do so.
No of course Ed aint in trouble. Like I said, I got it the exact same way. It's just hilarious how it happened.